Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A Pelikan Pen

A couple of weeks back, I ordered a Faber-Castell E-Motion 'Dark Brown Pearwood' fountain pen, from the reasonably local Pen Shoppe store. Weak website, but great service and selection in-store.

Around the same time as I ordered the E-Motion, I also ordered a Lamy Studio with a 1.1mm Italic nib. I cancelled my orders for both these pens today, each for a different reason. It's pretty unusual for me to cancel an order of anything, let alone a pen, but in the end I decided I didn't want another fountain pen with a steel nib (E-Motion), and I was certain that I would find a 1.1mm line (Studio) too thick for my small handwriting.

Instead of the two pens discussed above, I will soon be ordering a Pelikan Souverän M400 White Tortoise/Honey fountain pen, with Extra Fine 14K nib. I did look at this pen at the time I bought my Montegrappa Micra, but the one in stock at the Pen Shoppe had been carelessly written with, and the nib was skipping and very scratchy. I will probably be ordering the Pelikan online.

No comments:

Post a Comment