Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Extra Extra Extra Fine?

I made enquiries today with Richard Binder in regard to buying a speciality nib for my Pelikan M400 and M200. I am presently looking at his "XXXF Needlepoint" nib, which has a line width of approximately 0.20mm. An ultra-fine will be a joy, as I have two 14K Pelikan EF nibs and a Montegrappa EF nib and while better than some, they are still a little on the thick side for my tiny handwriting. I should hope that Extra Extra Extra Fine will do the trick!

Thinking about such fine line sizes has reminded me of my technical drawing pens, and I have been hunting around the house all afternoon, trying to find my Rotring Rapidograph's. I found my Isograph's, but they all have large point sizes. My vintage Rapidograph pens have extremely small points - 0.12mm and 0.18mm I think. No luck finding them yet...

The PO Box was empty this morning... but there is still hope my Rohrer and Klingner inks will arrive sometime this week!

1 comment:

  1. If you're interested in buying Rotring Rapidographs, they are selling them online in miserart.com : http://www.misterart.com/store/view/001/group_id/1437/Rotring-Rapidograph-Pen.htm
    I tried all technical pens but so far the best has been this one. I currently bought the 0.13 one (same as the 0.10 ones being sold in other countries from my experience) so it as prett good. It is ulta ultra ultra thin so you might want to consider getting the 0.18.

    ReplyDelete