Monday, May 08, 2006

Duke Mini Torpedo / 2007

My Duke Mini Torpedo / 2007 arrived from HisNibs today - and what a gorgeous little pen it is! I absolutely love it! The cap-posting method was easy, I got the cap posted first try - it's a push-on, tiny-twist, slight-pull motion which is quite quirky.

I filled its aerometric filler with Private Reserve's 'Fiesta Red' and it writes like a dream. The nib is finer than I expected - which is excellent; because I was worried a Medium would be a bit much for me. The nib is glorious! SO SMOOTH. This Duke nib completely put to shame the brand new Pelikan 14K EF I received recently and had to return for repair.

As described on the HisNibs site, the appointments are copper, and the pen looks black, but the cap and barrel actually shimmer with a fine deep red sparkle when the light catches it - beautiful!

Wow - for a total of $45 Australian Dollars, the Duke Mini Torpedo is the sweetest fountain pen I have bought for a long time. I had excellent service from HisNibs also - Norman wrote a lovely note to me using my pen (I had asked that he test the nib) and he so cheerfully answered all my e-mails - superb service for an inexpensive item, and that made the whole deal even sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment