Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Won a Sheaffer Autograph

I won an Australian Sheaffer today, but I don't know much about it. I think it might be a Sheaffer Snorkel Autograph. I'm not to sure on the Snorkel part, for all I know, it may be some kind of Triumph, although it does look too long and too slim for that. Perhaps it is a TM Touchdown? At any rate, it is a White Dot Sheaffer with a two-tone 14K Triumph nib, a 14K cap clip and 14K wide cap band:


I have been reading a bit about Sheaffer's on PenHero.com, but I do not know if the information applies to the Australian Sheaffer company. I guess it's fairly safe to say the pen is from the 1950's. I have read that the Snorkel may have been manufactured in Australia until 1962, but again, I don't know yet if this pen is a Touchdown or a Snorkel.

I'm really looking forward to getting this Sheaffer. However, I think maybe that I paid a little too much for this pen - it was $58US. If it needs $50 worth of work, I won't be happy. A big plus is that the nib seems fine, and more importantly, the pen has *not* been autographed - the cap band is clean. It seems like it is in good 'user' condition, but I have no information about what the condition of the filling system may be like... fingers crossed that it will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment