Monday, March 22, 2010

Sailor Spring Inks

Two of the four new Sailor LE inks arrived in my mailbox today - Waka-Uguisu and Sakura Mori. You can see below how Waka-Uguisu compares to a couple of other yellow-green inks in my collection (click to enlarge):As you can see, Sakura Mori showed some interesting orange-pink colour separation when I brushed the samples out onto 160gsm CP watercolour paper. The ink does not show this much of a duo finish in a pen, but it is slightly noticeable. Dropping the ink onto a paper towel will instantly show this effect as the dyes absorb at different rates.

I have inked up my Sailor 'Snow White' LE with this ink, and I must say that they make a very pretty pair. :)

(I believe Uguisu translates to "olive green", and is often associated with the colour of the Japanese bush warbler or nightingale.)

3 comments:

  1. Great comparison! Do you have any idea of how the Uranari green compares to MB Racing green?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Racing Green is much deeper and not so yellow... I'll post a better swatch with more inks soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sailor 'Snow White' with Sakura Mori sounds so feminine. Yum!

    ReplyDelete